1. STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Your body is your responsibility.
2. WHY. Find out why you want to lose weight. Something strong that holds more than merely lose weight for the coming birthday, your friends wedding, etc. Good long term reasons could be: Your health? Your family? Get rid of your joint pain? Put it on some postcards, keep them around the house!
3. GOAL. Have one big goal, don’t forget to break it up in short-term goals. And….
4. RECORD YOUR PROGRESS. A weekly graph, preferably put on the door of your fridge!
5. ENVISION yourself the desired outcome!
6. CUT YOUR PORTIONS! This is one of the most powerful advices we can give.
7. WATER. Drink a lot of water throughout the day.
8. WALK minimum 30 min pr day!
9. FEEL GOOD WITH YOURSELF Take time to relax, take a daily “time out” – half hour relaxing music, relax with your loved ones, maybe that half hour walk outdoor no matter what kind of weather?
10. GET SOMEBODY TO GET ALONG WITH YOU!